P.A.E.C. nurses promote the physical, mental, emotional and social well being of our students by providing the following comprehensive services:
- Maintaining compliance with Illinois School Code and the Illinois Department of Public Health with up-to-date physical examinations and immunizations,
- Providing services including first aid, care for ill students and emergency care for staff,
- Screening for health problems that impact education,
- Yearly hearing and vision screening and referrals as necessary,
- Administering and monitoring effectiveness of medications given at school,
- Acting as a liaison between home and school by communicating with parents regarding student’s health and safety needs and develop plans to meet those needs at school,
- Providing school staff with current information about student’s health concerns and care on a confidential need to know basis.
- Recommending modifications in the school program for students who require accommodations because of health concerns.
All P.A.E.C. nurses are Registered Nurses in the State of Illinois. They hold certification in audio metric and vision screening, CPR and AED.